Sejong Camp Staff
Are you interested in becoming a counselor?
If you think you have what it takes to become one of our amazing staff members, please consider filling out an application.
Our application can be found here: https://goo.gl/forms/kO58kEKfkKViZj883
The staff will help provide support and leadership in conjunction with the professional staff to have a successful camp program. In addition, as a member of our staff, you will gain important skills including: leadership, teamwork, effective communication, time management, organization, and assessment. Our staff members also advocate and understand the mission of the camp and of the parent organization, Sejong Cultural Education Inc., which is to foster a sense of Korean-American cultural identity for families formed by adoption, birth, marriage, or choice; through education, mentorship, and community building.
Some of the highlights of the camp counselor experience, include:
- Building meaningful relationships with campers
- Meeting unique Korean-Americans from second generation to adoptees
- Learning new things about Korean heritage and applying that knowledge to your conversations
- Gaining professional supervision experience and training towards future employment
Counselors must be 18 years of age by camp, if you will not be, we do offer Program Assistant (PA) positions for our transitioning 17 year old members. The PA application can be found here: https://goo.gl/forms/X4Zyo31vepuQfAVx2
Expectations and responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Commit to the entire eight day camp period (Saturday to Saturday),
- Participate and attend the required orientation and training on the first Saturday of camp;
- Attend all staff meetings;
- Lead and/or assist in the facilitation of programs and classes;
- Supervise and oversee the welfare of the campers and other staff members;
- Be active participants in programs and build meaningful relationships with the campers;
- Read and sign the Policies and Procedures handbook;
- Provide additional support as needed by the professional staff;
APPLICATIONS WILL CLOSE ON MARCH 31st at 11:59 PM.
Thanks and we look forward to your application!
If you have any questions, please do not hesitate to email the Camp Director, Benjamin Oser, at firstname.lastname@example.org or call at 917-822-8025.